-Morning Time Resource Pack Primary/Elementary
Theme: Honesty and Black History
Our October digital morning time basket-like others, is filled with our usual mix of beautifully curated seasonal, classical and culturally diverse life-giving content and parental guides, In recognition of black history month in the UK, our October Monthly Pack is filled with a selection of negro spirituals, folks songs and heritage poems from iconic black poets, all designed to help families build stronger connections and deeper meaning over the values and ideas that matter most to them.
All our monthly packs include:
- 14 delightfully designed seasonal and character-themed learning materials – Our age appropriate menu of learning resources include a mix of seasonal and character-themed life-giving verses, songs and fables. The additional cross-cutting themes for this month are honesty and wise words.
- 5hrs Spotify Playlist: Our packs are accompanied by 1.5hrs Spotify playlist with a soulful mix of jazz, negro spirituals, classical music and spoken word that closely reflects the content of this month’s morning time menu.
- 3 Parent Guides: In addition to our Introductory Parent’s Guide to Morning Time, this pack also includes a detailed step by step guide to music study and art appreciation using the Charlotte Mason approach.
- A set of music and picture study pack: This pack features one of each of our culturally diverse artists and composers.
In celebration of black history month in the UK, our October Monthly Pack is filled with a selection of negro spirituals and heritage poems from iconic black poets. This is in addition to our usual collection of classical verses and text as well as multicultural folk songs and fables pointing to the value of using wise and kind words.
14 delightfully designed seasonal and character-themed learning materials: This month’s menu of content includes, negro spirituals and heritage poems from iconic black poets like Counten Lee, Paul Dunbar Laurence and Maya Angelo. Our quotes, scripture and fables points to the value of honesty and using wise words. We hope that the wisdom in these age-old fables, poems and texts will continue to inspire your children into cultivating meaningful friendships and being kind to one another throughout this term.
3 Parent’s Guides - This month’s pack includes three detailed guides with tips and step by step guidance coaching parents on how to do Morning Time as well as how to implement the Charlotte Mason approach to Picture Study and Music Study.
Charlotte Mason-Inspired Music and Art Study: Monica Stewart and Ludvig Van Beethoven. Each artist or composer study includes:
- Introduction to Charlotte Mason Music or Art Study
- Step-by-Step Parent Guide to Charlotte Mason Music or Art Study
- Summary Artist or Composer Bio
- Selected art or music to appreciate for the month
- Suggested learning activities and further study resources
- 5hrs Spotify Playlist – This month’s pack playlist closely reflects our October monthly learning content. This eclectic and soothing mix of hymns, jazz, pop, gospel, classical and afro beats, sprinkled with splice of poetry and African and Caribbean folk songs makes the perfect backdrop afternoon tea, free play sessions and those unsettling car journeys.